I was asked to create a set of coordinating outfits for Tangled Threads a few weeks ago. Since then I have been concentrating all of my spare time and energy in designing and sewing two complete outfits by March.
The first week I worked solely on Jarquin's stiltwalking outfit and so far I am very happy with the result. The pants, vest, cuffs and thigh pouch are complete. I just need to work on a few minor details and the mask. This outfit is black, white, silver and royal blue. I brought in the diamonds again in this outfit and even made a 3d diamond pouch!
Jen's outfit is a little different. I am having "designers block" with it and just can't seem to move forward. It is very frustrating and making everything in my life a bit harder. I was able to move forward a little bit with Andrew's advice. He suggested I do what was designed and fun and stop messing with the frustrating stuff. That worked. I made an amazing bustle and then started in an underbust vest. The design keeps changing as I move forward in sewing, but that is part of how I work. I never stick to an original drawing, things evolve, ideas pop into my head and in the end I know the outfit will be great...I just have to get there.
I have the final fitting on Thursday. Wish me luck!